Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Reflection

As today is the last day of the year I thought I'd just quickly write down my feelings from this year...

It's definitely been a roller coaster.  We've had some great days, months and moments, and not so great...

*The biggest happiness came when we found out our third child would be joining us at the beginning of 2012.  The joy was even bigger when we found out it was a baby girl.  I wouldn't trade my two little men for the world and can't wait to see them love and adore their little sister.  She will add so much to the family.

*The biggest sadness was the loss of my Grandma Neiger in August.  How our Heavenly Father nudges us throughout our life to do things...it was inspired to go visit her in May...really just weeks before she'd get the diagnosis that she had terminal cancer.  I never saw her again.  I will always miss her for many reasons but I have a feeling she's never too far from my little family.

*McKay was a trooper through work life in 2011.  We have a love/hate relationship with the sales industry here.  The good times make it well worth it, but the bad make for hard, long weeks and sometimes months.  I appreciate the many hours he spends working to provide a good life for our family.  He is one of the hardest workers I've ever known and I am so grateful for what he does for us.  One bright financial note was our qualification for refinancing our house...saving almost $300 a month and no mortgage payment in January will be awfully nice!

*We definitely need a fun, family vacation together this next year because our time spent away was seperate!  I had the chance to go down to St. George with Melis, Ange and Kels as well as Washington to see my Grandparents and family there.  I also went to girls camp which is always a fun adventure!  McKay went on a few fishing/hunting trips to the Uintas, Logan Canyon, and Idaho.  Our one quick family roadtrip with to California to say goodbye to Grandma.  McKay and I did manage to get away overnight for my birthday in Park City...we had a great time.

*Young Women kept me very busy.  Love the girls and working with them.  I look forward to a time of more relaxing church work but for now I will cherish my time with the 22 girls I get to spend time with.

*Peyton and Chayce were the highlight of the year.  Those two boys bring so much to our life and I couldn't imagine my life without them.  Kids don't come without their challenges but as a Mom I'd never trade the hard times for the many more good things that they bring.  Each year I grow to love and appreciate their sweet personalities and love watching the little people they are turning into.

*Hard for me to believe I've been married to McKay for 8 1/2 years...known him for almost 10!  He is ever patient and loving to me and I appreciate the person he is and strives to be.  I love you babe!  Thanks for all you've done to make my life better this year...and here's to a great 2012 for us!

I have to say thanks to many friends and family who have supported and loved me and my family through this year.  I will say I look forward to the upcoming year with changes and challenges but lots of excitement and love too. 

No comments: