What a fun day...I LOVE Birthdays. I really think it's my favorite holiday of the year because it's all about celebrating the people you love. This morning when Peyton woke up it was such an eye opener to think two years ago from this morning I was laying in labor waiting for him to arrive...and BAM two years have gone by. My emotions are so overwhelming for this child...any mother or person who has truly loved a child can relate. I really don't think words adequately express how you feel about your children. I really try to not brag him up too much on this blog (and please forgive me if I ever have!) but I love this little man to pieces.
When Peyton reads through my entries someday, I hope he reads this one and realizes how grateful and blessed I am to be his mother. You never appreciate or relate to your parents until you are one yourself...and it may take until then or beyond that for him to understand the love I have for him (and his soon to be little brother). I feel so priviledged to be a mother and to have him in our home.
Onto the GREAT day we had (with many pictures!)
How LUCKY to have McKay home to celebrate with us today. A full Saturday without interuptions doesn't happen too often at our house...it was HEAVEN!
He got to open one present this morning...the Toy Store figurines...loves them!
We were going to try to go to the zoo today, but McKay ended up having a basketball game in the morning so we didn't make it. Instead...we cut him loose at Toys R Us...pure bliss! He had fun sitting in this thing...
...and this! I would LOVE to get him and little brother this for Christmas...I'll start saving now! It's so dang cute...room for two, double doors that open.
When we got to the Cars aisle it was total chaos. We told him he could pick out a few toys for his bday...and he would have walked out with the whole dang aisle! We got him to "settle" for this awesome "New Mater" truck...and four other cars. He loves it (although I didn't realize it makes a few lovely sounds...oh well!)
We had to have "chicken and sauce" for lunch so we made a stop at Chik-fi-la for lunch...with Mater. We also made a stop into the Disney Store for a few more cars...Daddy is such a sucker for this kid! He already had plenty of gifts at home! (I must admit I am too...I could buy SO much more for him if that's even possible!)
We made it home before Peyton had a complete meltdown and we put him down for a nap. Lisa came over and helped me with his bday cake. Turned out SO cute and I think so much more delicious than store bought. She taught me how to do buttercream frosting. I feel like I can make cakes OK now. Thanks so much Lisa!
Onto the party. We had wonderful family come over for a great evening. I feel so bad because everyone left and I didn't get ANY pictures of all the guests. By about mid-way through the party I started to feel REALLY tired though so I think I was just ready to chill out. We LOVE everyone who came and thank you all so much for making an effort to be there. Peyton is so incredibly loved and we are so grateful for all of you. My Grandparents, Aunt Melinda and two cousins Sarah and Amy had just arrived in town from Washington today so they stopped in too. It was good to see them! Peyton was so excited to sit in his chair from Aunt Chels.
This was taken after all the presents were opened...it wore him out I guess! He's going to love watching movies in this thing!
One of his bigger presents from Mom and Dad...a lawn mower!
Our little family. How I love these two boys! McKay did such a great job by the way with the bbq. He's such a great husband and daddy. Thanks babe for everything today!
Blowing out the candles and picking off the cars. I think he liked the cake too!
You don't have to say anything...I know. The really bad part is I'm still going to get him a sandbox for the backyard with bday money. My consolation is that I really don't buy him much throughout the year and let him play with all the toys from bday and Christmas. And we have very generous family members.
Whew...OK I got it all down. Funny that it's 11 and we just got Peyton down. I believe birthdays should be celebrated to the last minute...plus we had to watch the Jazz win in overtime first! (Peyton shares his bday with Jerry Sloan!)
Happy Birthday buddy. We love you FOREVER!
One more thing...I make these fun bday videos of a recap of my children's life over the past year to music they've loved or that reminds me of them. I'm going to start a little business making them for people. In the next few weeks I'm going to try and get a blog set-up for it. They turn out really cute and are the best keepsakes for your kids. Stay tuned...
If you reached the end of this post...you must really love us...and Peyton!
11 comments:
I do really love you guys! It was a fun birthday post, and there is nothing wrong with bragging about Peyton, especially on his Birthday! Happy Birthday Peyt, I can't believe you are two! Oh and the cake turned out so cute, great job!
I can't believe how much stuff that kid got! He deserves it! He is so stinkin' cute! Love all the pics. Sounds like a fun and exhausting day! Love you and can't wait to see you soon!
Wow, what a birthday...that's a ton of stuff! I love the cake too, great job. I can't believe he's 2. I remember waiting for that little guy to come :)
Happy birthday to Peyton! It looks like he had a great day -- and the cake looks great!
Holy Moly!!! Glad everything turned out great for the bday! We love Peyton!
Love the cute cake! I will hire you to make Savannah's in a couple of months, since you won't have your hands full or anything! Happy Birthday Peyt! Holy presents! I wish I got that much for my birthday, lucky boy. You are such a fabulous mom...what a fun day for him!
We went to toys r us the other day too. Chase was in heaven. He has an obsession with balls like peyt has an obsession with cars. Chase found a ball he liked there that we had to get for him...luckily it was only $1.79! he just loves throwing balls and bouncing them...maybe he'll be a little sports nut! Glad peyt had a good birthday!
Peyton makes out with so much loot for his birthday every year. (haha, I guess all 2 of them) It makes it great because then YOU don't have to buy him a ton of toys through out the year. I'm glad he had a fun day! Cute cake!
FUN!! Love the cake Linds! How cute!!
Im excited to come by today!
I can't believe all those gifts...although you are such a generous person, I can believe it actually! :) I don't buy toys throughout the year, but my kids don't get THAT much for their bdays!!! Ok, maybe Hallie did!
Happy Birthday Peyt! You're adorable! And spoiled! :)
What a fun day! I agree that birthdays are so much fun. The cake turned out great! Hopefully one day I'll be able to make a car cake.....
Post a Comment