Sunday, March 8, 2009

Martha Moment

We had a shower for my friend Steph Fugal yesterday at my house (having her first boy...and it's been four years since they've had a baby). I think it turned out really great and I'm glad so many people were able to come! It's so silly because when it comes to anything involving Peyton I take tons of pictures...but if it's something for me I don't manage to get any! I'm sad I don't have any from yesterday...I may have to steal a few from Steph's camera.

I decided to make these cute mini cupcakes on sticks that my friend Adrienne made awhile back for us as a thank you treat for her baby gifts...she helped me get all the supplies at Roberts and showed me how to make them (Thanks Adrienne...you are awesome)! They weren't too difficult but do take some time. I must say I was proud of my Martha Stewart attempt. I think I've said on my blog that I'm not much into scrapbooking and card making anymore. I don't know if I just lost the flavor for it or don't want to find the time. So I have to find little creative projects for myself to keep that part of my life up...


I was happy with how they turned out and may attempt them again in the future!
I hope all of you have a wonderful Sunday! Peyton's furniture comes TOMORROW! Yeah! I'll hopefully have most of it put together this week and I'll post pictures!

7 comments:

McGiven Family.... said...

3 weeks from tomorrow we will drive in with our truck and all our crap. It is crazy to think about. I can't believe it is already here. Anyway, I will keep you posted. We will get together once I get there and life calms down. It is crazy right now...sick kids, school, work, and trying to get ready for the big move!

Adrienne said...

They turned out so cute! Good job! Were they a hit?

JRC said...

They turned out cute! We'll have to apologize to Adrie for copying her cute treat because I think we all want to make them now. Good job!

Lisa Mc said...

You did such a great job with ths shower. The treats were too cute to handle. Looked at Bakerella today. Way cute treats. Also found some good recipe blogs that I put on mine.

Josh and Megan said...

Love them...especially in blue for a baby boy...so crafty! I am going to attept them next week...let's hope Adrienne comes out to help!

jakeandstephanietaylor said...

LOVE THOSE! Ive seen it similar with Large marshmellows and it's SOOO cute! Good Job Linds...I think you ARE part Martha...keep up the cute ideas so we can all wish we were as creative as you! Youre so cute...seriously, I miss my friends. Can we please get together....Sarah too??? Im so sick of winter and sick kids..get me out of here...can we go on a trip??? SOMETHING!!!
PS. Cant wait to see Peyton's Furniture!

michelle said...

Well look how cute those turned out! So glad you can be the Martha Stewart for me, haha.