Thursday, August 14, 2008

California

We had a great trip to California this past week. We didn't think McKay was going to make it and he ended up flying out on Sunday to be with us the last part of the trip. It was a bittersweet trip as we were there to say goodbye to my Grandpa Neiger. This was the first death of a family member I've dealt with as an adult so it was pretty tough. It was really good to see my Grandma, Uncle Steve and other family members though.















Hanging out at Grandma's house















My uncle has a black lab named Kody. Peyton had so much fun with her after the initial meeting when she scared him half to death. He loved feeding her liver sausage...and chasing her around the house.




















This is my amazing Grandma. She is always such a wonderful host. She makes great meals, cleans up after everyone (and won't let us do it :) and lets us take over her TV to watch what we want :) We love her so much! Thank you for everything you did and do for us! It was so great to introduce Peyton to her for the first time.





















This is my Dad's brother Steve. He's such a great guy and is always so fun to hang out with. This was also his first time meeting Peyton. I think he won both he and my Grandma over. We're excited to visit many times in the future. We also celebrated Steve's birthday while we were there. Hope you had a great day Steve and that this will be a wonderful year for you...and that your birthday wish comes true :)















This is a tradition when we go to Grandpa and Grandma's...sitting out on the driveway in the evenings playing the washers game. I really stink at it, but it's just nice being outside watching other people play :)
















The boys went to the Yankees/Angels game. Yankees got swept in Anaheim while we were there :( Sad for Dad and Jack, good for Steve!





















The girls got to go to Hollywood and see Wicked. It was my second time and it was just as good as I remembered it. I love broadway shows. Thanks Mom and Dad for the fun day!




















Chelsea has had her picture taken with this weirdo every time she goes to Hollywood. They have all these people dressed up asking you to take your picture with them for tips. Crazy people there I tell you!















We also made a trip to Huntington Beach...loved it! Peyt took a long time to warm up. He was clenched to us for most of the time whenever we got near the water!




















Loved this pic!




















Mom and Peyt enjoying the sun





















Isn't my sister so cute!

















I've been waiting 16 months to take this picture...four generations of Neigers!
















My Grandpa's service. He was buried in a military cemetery (served in the Army). It was neat to have the color guard tribute as part of the service. Very emotional though.















My Dad led the service and did a wonderful job. He had the three kids talk for a few minutes about my Grandpa...so hard! I hope those who were there could understand me under all the crying! Death is a very hard thing and I'm just grateful that I know I'll see my Grandpa again. We love him so much.




















Final picture...I promise. This was to appease Peyton on the drive home. Good thing daddy's DP was pretty watered down. He knows what soda is now and ALWAYS wants a sip!

Another great family vacation.

8 comments:

Amberly said...

I'm so sorry about your grandpa, it is so hard to loose someone you love. It looks like you had a fun trip though. I'm jelous you got to go to the beach.

Leah said...

It looks like you had a wonderful trip!

Whitney said...

Hi Linds, hope you are doing well. Just wanted to say that you look like a babe! And your little boy is so precious.

a wynn wynn situation said...

THank you so much for posting all those pictures! Looks like you had a nice time together.

Lemon Family said...

Lindsay,
Sorry about your Grandpa. It's hard when you lose family. I'm glad you got to enjoy spending time with the rest of your family though.

Scott and Beth said...

Wow, that trip was full of highs and lows! But it looks like a wonderful trip!

Heidi said...

Sorry about your grandpa love! I do love that your sis gets her pic with that creepy jack sparrow though ha ha!

Cara said...

Again, I'm sorry about your Gpa. I'm glad you were able to go and spend time with family. My Gpa also had military honors at his funeral and that was such an emotion experience.

I LOVE the picture of the 3 of you at the beach. You should totally blow that one up. Such a beautiful family! My Uncle's backyard is Hunington Beach....my favorite!