Sunday, May 24, 2009

In LOVE with HIM

This is Chayce Bradlee Ercanbrack! He was born Wednesday, May 20th at 4:12 p.m. weighing in at 6 pounds 7 ounces and 18 1/2 inches long!


















I had my Dr.'s appointment Wed. morning and I was at a 5. Dr. Jones told me to go home and get my stuff and meet him back at the hospital! I was so glad he wasn't going to let me hang out that far along! We were admitted to the hospital around 12...

















...And were given this amazing gift at 4!
















So happy that he was here!

















The fabulous Dr. Jones. He's an awesome OBGYN if you are looking!

















I was left in my delivery room as McKay and Chayce went down to get cleaned up. About two hours later I was still up there by myself and started to wonder what was going on. In the meanwhile...

















...Chayce was surrounded by a handful of nurses trying to figure out what was going on with his breathing and lungs. It was probably a good thing I was alone and oblivious to all of this.















I finally talked to McKay around 7:30 p.m. and he let me know they had to use a CPAP machine on him to help him calm down his breathing. His heart rate was fine, he was just taking breaths too quickly. After an XRay, they also found a little cloudiness in his lungs...so he was put on antibiotics. When they put a newborn on antibiotics they make them stay in the Level 2 nursery (in between NICU and regular) for 48 hours. Of course when I found all of this out I was VERY emotional. Mother Baby was really busy that night also so I didn't have a room and they were going to make me stay in the Peds unit. An awesome nurse (Kay) was my advocate and demanded I have a room close to the Level 2 Nursery as this was the only way I was going to see him (through visiting the nursery).











This was a sweet moment for me to hold him and know everything was going to be OK. Not knowing and understanding what's going on with your baby can be such a nerve wracking thing. I can't imagine what parents go through who deal with very serious complications and don't know if their baby will pull through. About 10 p.m. I was put in my recovery room (which was super close to the nursery...again Kay was my angel that night!)












This is us in Chayce's little home for the next two days. It's definitely a different experience than having your baby with you in your room. What a proud daddy with his two boys!



Our family of four! (Can I just say I am in LOVE with my boys...I wouldn't have it any other way!)

I met two of the most WONDERFUL women while Chayce was in the nursery...this was his first nurse Sherry who helped us both nights. We became friends and even had a nice conversation at 4 a.m. when I couldn't sleep the first night we were there.

We were lucky and had the same two nurses while he was there. This was Baeta (pronounced Baata - I need to remember this!) Another AMAZING nurse who was so awesome. I felt so lucky and blessed to have these two women there for Chayce and I during this time. They were so helpful and explained everything so clearly to me. I think we will make a visit to them to thank them for all they did!
Peyton is so excited to be a big brother and loves to give Chayce hugs, kisses, rubs his head, helps me burp him and can't get enough of him. I STILL can't get him to say baby brother consistently, so until he learns more about gender we may still get baby sister. It's so neat to look at these two now and think about the future and the relationship these two will share. What an amazing thing families are.
Well, there's the long story for everyone. I just want to mention how extremely grateful I am for being able to carry and deliver a healthy, strong, beautiful baby. It's my life's greatest blessing and it's hard to put into words the emotions of this process. Our family is truly blessed...thank you to all of you who have been so supportive and willing to help us during this time.

31 comments:

Renee said...

I have been checking your blog for pictures every day! Thanks for the update - he is a doll and you look wonderful! Glad you are all home and doing well. Congrats!!!

Angela and Mike said...

Congrats and welcome to the world Chayce (or is it Chase...I think you spelled it both ways). He is darling. I'm sorry that you had a little bit of a scary experience, but I'm glad he is healthy and home. I hope your recovery goes well and that you get a lot of help. He is darling!

Karin said...

Beautiful! You'll have so much fun with your 2 boys. Good job!

I take it you won't be at bunco this week. But I think I'll let you off the hook :)

Michelle Tolboe said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to meet him!

LaCee said...

So cute.. Having two boys is the best! Congratulations!

Kelly said...

Congratulations! He's so cute. Glad everything is o.k. Cohen had to stay in the hospital for pneumonia, and it was scary. You have such a beautiful family!

Scott and Beth said...

Yeah! He is here! He is so cute and you look GREAT!!! We have the same OBGYN...did I know that??? Congrats He is darling!

maremee said...

Congratulations! He's beautiful. I'm so glad everything is good and that you are all home.

Kim said...

So, no wonder Dr. Jones ditched my appt on Wed. He was delivering your baby! Congrats - he is beautiful. Glad he is doing well!

Whitney Jensen said...

Linds - Congrats! Can't wait to see him in person!

Janelle Ehat said...

Congrats!! He's so handsome! I'm so happy for you guys! Hope you are still recovering well! Take Care!

Meredith & Company said...

Congratulations! He is one beautiful baby, just like the rest of the fam!

Beth said...

Congrats!!!

The Hansen Family said...

Congratulations Lindsay! He is just beautiful! We're glad he's doing better and hope everything continues to be wonderful for you all! Yay for babies boys!!! They are THE BEST! Oh and amazing nurses are pretty choice too:)! What a cutie!

Jill said...

What a sweet baby!! I'm glad everything turned out okay! If you need anything, feel free to call me, I would love to help.

Heather Brinkerhoff said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you and your cute family, so happy everything turned out well. Let me know if you need anything!

Taylor Family said...

I had no idea there were problems!!! You are so strong Lindsey! You are going to be great with two boys! Karin said she gives you this week off Bunco but I think you should come!!!

Amberly said...

Congratulations. He is so cute. I am so glad he is going to be OK. I bet that was so scary and emotional for you. I love the name Chayce and how you spelled. Hopefully I will get to meet him soon.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! Chayce is too cute! Glad you are both doing well!

jakeandstephanietaylor said...

YEAH! He is beautiful! Love ya!

Cara said...

I'm so glad he's here safe and sound. I have been on the end of the Mom sitting in the room wondering if baby is going to be ok a few times...it's enough to drive you crazy! He is very handsome! Congrats.

JakenDebbie said...

Wow! Congratulations!! It seems like everyone is having their babies early lately...I hope I can follow that pattern. I always enjoy hearing the details, so thanks for the long post!! I can imagine how scary that first little while must have been, but I'm glad Chayce is doing better now. What a great name!! Take care of you!!

Lemon Family said...

Congratulations Lindsey. I'm glad everything worked out and he is a super cutie.

Melissa said...

Congrats! I am so glad to hear that everyone is doing okay now. He's your miracle boy. I am so sorry to hear he had a couple of scares. Linds, you look awesome. Your family is so adorable.

Nicole said...

I am just catching up on blogging and was so excited to see this post! Congratulations! I'm so glad he is doing well and everything is ok. He is adorable. It makes me excited to meet my little guy.

Fredia said...

Your family is beautiful! What cute boys!!

Rachel said...

Congrats you guys! I'm sorry that he gave you a scare at first but I'm so happy that he's doing well now. He's just perfect! What a super cute family! Linds, don't you know you're not supposed to look that good just after giving birth?

Ryan and Hailee said...

congratulations!!! What hospital did you deliver in?, it sounded like you were so taken care of. he's a beautiful little boy, I am so happy for you guys!!!!

Heather O'Brien said...

CONGRATS LINDS! He is perfect. So beautiful and I love the name (don't worry, I won't use it :)). What a scary thing to have to go through. I'm glad that everything turned out okay. You look amazing. Hope you are adjusting well.

Jason and Kimber said...

Oh Linds Congrats! He is so sweet. I am so excited for you guys. I wish we were there to see you guys. They get big so fast, looking at him makes me realize how big Gracie is getting already. I am glad everything turned out okay. PS. You looked great pregnant!

Jenalyn said...

Congratulations!! I am so happy for you. Sherry and Baeta were my son's nurses in the level II nursery too. They really are WONDERFUL! Congrats again :)