Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Labor Thing





















I do this purely for the record. I don't like pregnant pictures of myself, but you have to remember somehow...this is me at 36 weeks!


Last night was interesting...about 3 p.m. I started having my usual brackston hicks contractions; however, they started to come at regular intervals about 5 minutes apart. I started to have other pains but nothing too severe...the age old question EVERY woman who has had a baby asks themselves: Should I go to the hospital? Obviously I didn't and I'm so glad I didn't because I would have paid for nothing. It's such a hard thing to know when to and when not to.


My only reasoning for wanting to go without strong contractions was that I'm at a 4, and my body pushed itself to a four without much (if any) pain. With Peyt I sat at a 4 for a few weeks and was at a 5 when I went to be induced. Oh the next few weeks are going to be so fun! We'll keep you updated on all the excitement.



For now, no baby. McKay and I celebrate our six year anniversary tomorrow. Hopefully we'll be able to enjoy a nice night out together...minus the hospital.

6 comments:

LaCee said...

There's always castor oil! lol

Adrienne said...

Lindsay, you look gorgeous. I can't believe you're due date is already right around the corner. It went by so fast! We all need to get together for lunch early next week. I'm sad to be leaving my friends, but excited for the opportunity. Good luck with the next few weeks. Baby #2! Craziness!

Angela and Mike said...

I remember how it was with Peyt...every day at the office we were wondering if you were going to have the baby that day. It was very exciting! Looks like your body just REALLY likes to prepare before those babies come. I can't believe you are at a 4 already! Happy 6th anniversary.

Taylor Family said...

You look so good! I hope you make it past your anniversary. That isn't something you want to share with your kid....no matter how much you love them. GOOD LUCK!

Scott and Beth said...

Lindsay you look so cute pregnant! I went to the hospital 3 TIMES with Ava and got sent home...not fun!!! Good luck! I hope things go well!

jakeandstephanietaylor said...

Happy Anniversary Today Linds and Mckay! I vividly remember your beautiful wedding day!!! Love you guys! Linds, you look gorgeous as always...it was good to see you the other day!

I Cant wait to come see baby Chase soon! Holy cow, time FLEW! So exciting!