Saturday, May 16, 2009

Trip to the zoo and budding photographer

A week ago Thursday Wendi and I were going to go to the zoo...until I was having contractions Wednesday...but no baby came of it. So we rescheduled for this past Thursday, and it was a success! I've been wanting to take Peyton to the zoo for awhile and I'm glad we got the opportunity while I only have one child to take!








Tyke and Peyt in front of the Rhinos...not going to happen to get both boys looking and smiling.


















Carousel ride!















The penguins were my favorite part. We walked up to their area and nothing was out...and no one was standing around but us. About 10 seconds later a worker came walking out with a bucket of fish...and about ten penguins following her! It was fun to see them jump in the water and eat their lunch! Perfect timing!















Riding the train...I think this was Peyton's favorite part. Thanks for a great afternoon Wendi and Tyke! I'm excited for our summer excursions to start up again!
Last week I was searching for the camera with no luck. About 20 minutes later I found it under McKay's night stand in our room. I turned it on and found about 10 pictures like this...















and ten more like this...


I actually kind of like this picture! Pretty artistic right! Peyton LOVES the camera and wants to look at pictures of him everyday (I've created a monster!) Looks like he found it on his own and did his own photo shoot. After we saw these the first thing McKay said was "oh...now you have something to blog about!" I told him at least I keep a journal...
I also need to wish my Mom and VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY yesterday. We had a fun evening with the family at the park eating yummy Brick Oven pizza and salads from Rumbi. My Mom is such an amazing woman and I love her so much. She's decided to take a year off from teaching next year due to some voice issues she's having. During this time I'm looking forward to being with her more (but don't worry Mom...doesn't mean I'll ask you to babysit all the time :) My Dad surprised her with tickets to the American Idol concert for her, Chels and I! I'm excited to go...I've really enjoyed it! (Although BOO that Adam is in the finals over Danny...I DO NOT like him!)

5 comments:

Karin said...

I can't wait for baby news! I'm glad you're enjoying your last little bit with 1 kid :)

LaCee said...

What?? I Love Adam! His voice is Amazing...A Little crazy but amazing!!!

Taylor Family said...

So you don't even look 9 months pregnant. I think you look less pregnant than you did when I saw you a few weeks ago! Maybe it's because you dropped? I am waiting every day for the news that you had your baby!

jakeandstephanietaylor said...

I think I need to take my girls to the zoo too!!! Im glad you made it before your little guy is born!

Jake says stuff like that to me too..."Perfect, now you can go blog it!" But since Ive printed my blog, he has laid off quite a bit!

I don't like Adam either..Kris is going to kick his butt i think! I think all the young girls like kris...which probably is the majority of the voters...right?!?!? !!! Still waiting for a phone call or text when your off to the hospital! Love ya!

Heidi said...

I can't believe you're so ambitious right up to the end! Good luck!!!