Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Grateful for "Don"

There needs to be more Dons in the world...

I was stuck on the side of the freeway with a blown out tire. Luckily I felt it happen and quickly veered off the road. Could have been a disaster. Prayer answered #1.

Called McKay immediately and he said he'd be right there. Prayer answered #2.

As I'm getting the spare tire out and ready, Don shows up. Prayer answered #3.

He's driving a big construction/utility truck and offers to help. He checks the tire as McKay shows up and still continues to help. We realize there's a big gash in the tire (which by the way...if you know your tires are bad already, just get them changed!) He pulls his truck in front of our jeep and gets his air pump ready. In a matter of minutes, he has our car jacked up, tire changed and safely on, air in the spare tire etc. etc. etc. He was our good Samaritan. He did a job in five minutes when it would have taken McKay 30-40 with the lousy wrench and jack the car manufacturers give...not to mention greasy, dirty work clothes afterward. So thank you for being my answered prayer today Don.

Maybe all of us (myself with the finger pointed deepest) should find our own good Samaritan moments...I know people need our help!

P.S. - Love to see any of you who can come to the shoe/scentsy party tomorrow night. Should be fun! 6:30-8 p.m.

4 comments:

brookelovesjay said...

oh my gosh that's scary! i always freak out about my tires, especially after seeing a 20/20 episode about how tire places often sell tires that are expired and more prone to blow outs. when you get new tires put on, check the date when the tire was manufactured (on the tire there is a long list of numbers. the date the tire was made is the last set of numbers and shows up as the week and year, like 4008 menas the 40th year of 2008) the more recent the date the better. you dont want tires manufactured from years ago that have just been sitting on the shelf in the store waiting to be used. they are a ticking time bomb!

Ercanbracks said...

Linds! That is scary, I am glad everything worked out even better than ever expected. What a nice guy. I am looking forward to your party tonight. Hope all is well, it was so nice to see you so much this past week. Luv ya!

a wynn wynn situation said...

Holy cow you are so being watched over! I'm glad you are safe and all is well-

jakeandstephanietaylor said...

good ol' Don :)
Dear Don...
:)