Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Heart Happy

Two stories that touched me in the past two days...

As I mentioned before I've been so impressed with the story of the Nielson family who were in the tragic plane crash in Arizona leaving husband and wife badly burned and requiring months and months of treatment. They had a fund raiser concert for them last weekend in AZ featuring these two sweeties...Stephanie Nielson's daughters...I read on her blog that she sang this to her children at night. I think this is a new favorite lullaby :) And the older one's name is Claire...my favorite name for a girl.

http://www.eastvalleyproductions.com/player.cfm?media=/movies/Nie/Glendhill

I watched yesterday's Oprah about children who've done incredible things. They told the story of the little 9-year old boy who marched into the Olympic stadium with the Chinese athletes this summer. His school was demolished during the massive earthquake earlier this year. Many of the students in his school were killed. This little boy escaped and then went back in to help save two of his classmates. Later when asked why he did it, he simply said he was the hall monitor and he just needed to do his job.

How I wish I was more like a little child...

4 comments:

Holly said...

I loved that episode of Oprah! Those kids were amazing and really brought perspective to my life! I was especially touched by the story of the little baby that passed away at 99 days old. What a sad story!
On an uplifting note...your little man is so stinkin adorable! Love the post of his belly laughs and the whole coffee table car ramp! So cute!

a wynn wynn situation said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing :)

Jill said...

I actually went to high school with Stephanie. She was a year younger than me, but everyone pretty much knew her. It really is such a sad tragedy. I feel for her whole family & especially her kids.

Heidi said...

Those are sweet stories! I miss you girl. Let's catch up! Jer always gets a crack out of how we used to say "hey girl.. heeeeyyy!"