Thursday, May 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!















I hope my Mom has a wonderful day today. She is the greatest. Can't say enough good about her. I always thought she was spoiled growing up because she got gifts two days in one week...now looking back she deserved so many more "Mom" days. Here are a few things my Mom did for me so many times growing up:

*Stayed up past 1 a.m. to finish school projects
*Woke up in the middle of the night to help me when I was sick (and was NOT ONCE bugged about it)
*Drove me everywhere
*Brought me homework, lunch etc. to school when I'd forget (and it was alot!)
*Took me to the park all the time
*Threw me very fun birthday parties I'll never forget
*Read to me pretty much everyday - passed the love of reading on to me!
*Let me participate in lots of activities
*Planned great family vacations and always had little presents and surprises to open on the long drives
*Made (and makes) the yummiest dinners and desserts
*Is always willing to listen and talk about anything
*Love my Dad so much and always respected him and what he did for our family
*Serves everyone...and loves everyone

Your appreciation for parents grows so much when you have your own kids...you realize how much they did for you and how much you OWE them! Love you Mom!

3 comments:

Greg said...

I am a New York Times bestselling author working on a new book about mother-daughter relationships and thought you might want to contribute. Please visit my page for details about submitting stories for Mom's Little Angel.

Gregory E. Lang
Author of “Daddy’s Little Girl,” “Why a Daughter Needs a Dad,” “Why a Daughter Needs a Mom” and more.

McGiven Family.... said...

Love your mom to death! She is such a sweet lady! I hope she had a wonderful day!

Leah said...

Hope she had a wonderful day!