Thursday, December 6, 2007

"For One More Day"

OK...so I don't know how many of you watch Oprah on a regular basis, but I really enjoyed it yesterday. Mitch Albom was on the show who wrote "For One More Day" which is a book about what you would do if you had one more chance with someone (Albom also wrote "Tuesdays with Morrie"). I read the book awhile ago and really liked it, still not my favorite Albom book, but it was good. Anyway, Oprah also had the wife of the man who wrote "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff" on because he passed away last year suddenly (which I didn't know he had!) It was just a reality check for me that we really don't know when, where, why or how any of us will go. Hopefully we'll get to say everything we want and leave everything peacefully as we go, but we just don't know. I'm not saying I think I'm going to die tomorrow or anything, but I want everyone who visits our blog to know that we love you and hope you know we care so much about you! Life is too short to stay angry and not find joy! We really are so blessed and what is there not to be happy about! If you're able to watch Oprah (such as the power of Tivo!) from yesterday, I would suggest it! Oprah also sponsored the making of the film version of the story...it's on Sunday night at 8 on ABC (I think!)

3 comments:

Josh and Megan said...

Lindsay...I am just getting the blog thing going, and found yours on Kims! Anyway, do you remember Steve and Emily White? They used to be in your ward? Well, funny story, Emily is my neighbor and she sometimes gets my mail. So today at church she handed me your Christmas card and said she had gotten it...she said "is that from Lindsay Ercanbrack?" and told me she knew you. Funny, huh? Cute x-mas card by the way and blog!
Megan

Angela and Mike said...

I'll have to start watching Oprah! I got your Christmas card and I LOVE it! Did Heidi do it?

McGiven Family.... said...

I got my first Christmas card yesterday and it was yours! It turned out so cute! I loved it! Ryan picked it up and said "Peyton is a handsome little boy!" He is so cute Lindsay. I can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!