I woke up at 4 a.m. this morning to banging sounds in my family room...looked over and McKay was fast asleep in bed. I got that panicked feeling you get when you think someone is raiding your house...
...until I heard little wheels rolling along the table.
That's right. Peyton somehow got himself out of his room (which has a door stopper thing on it so he shouldn't be able to open his door from the inside), came down the stairs in the pitch dark and was playing with his cars in our family room.
I came stumbling out and didn't even see where he was but knew he was there. He was sitting by the fireplace just content to play in the dark. I can't believe he didn't try and come get one of us.
I picked him up and climbed back upstairs as he was crying "Play cars...play cars." My response: "Child...it's four in the morning...not a time to play cars." We laid down in bed where he wanted me to sing more songs...I have no voice with a cold anyway and definitely no voice at 4 a.m. We made it through a half a song and he had to just deal with me laying there with him. I gave him about 15 minutes and left him wide awake laying in bed. I'm assuming he fell asleep at some point.
When I woke up this morning and could actually see, he had a ton of cars lined up along the table. What talent...he can line them perfectly straight in the pitch black of night.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
so precious! Pretty soon you will be up at 4am anyway;) j/k
Those day's are just around the corner for us we think. Ethan still hasn't attempted to get out of his crib but we're sure the day is coming soon.
Too funny. :-D
Post a Comment