Saturday, November 15, 2008

Deck the Halls




















So we found a tree. And not the 9 foot tree I was dreaming of...no no no. This is a 12 FOOT TREE! I am so excited! It pays to bring your loving husband along who convinces you that it's OK to get the much larger tree because it will look so much better in our two-story family room! So yeah for Christmas. I just hope I have enough decorations this year to fill it enough. Oh and one more perk...it's pre-lit! If you are in the market for a tree this year, we bought it at Taipan...they have a 25 percent off coupon on any Christmas item and trees are included! We saved a ton of money!

ALSO...I am on the lookout for the 20 percent off coupon for Toys R Us. It came in the holiday gift book which I DIDN'T GET! Sad day. We are buying the big kid Little Tikes slide for Peyton for Christmas and I'd love to save some money on it. If you aren't planning on using your coupon and have one, let me know!

AND ONE MORE THING...I am still yucky sick and I'm trying to figure out how to help myself...Things not working so far: Unisom and B6 and Prevacid. I think Zofran is my next step and I don't know what the next steps are after that. I really just need to feel good for the holidays! ANY SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME!

Love you all!

14 comments:

Holly said...

You need to seriously try the zofran WITH Reglan. Come get it! It makes you a little tired, but I felt SO much better when I mixed the two. May as well try it...right?!

Scott and Beth said...

When I was first prego it was right during competition season (I know what a dumb thing to worry about). I wasn't sick but I also didn't want to risk it happening at an all day competition so if I felt a little whoozey I took fenigren sp? It was AWESOME! Good Luck...that's not fun....but so fun to be pregnant!!!

LaCee said...

I have some Zofran left. I used it with the unisom. If you want it let me know:)

Renee said...

Linds, the Zofran works all right though I still have my good and bad days. If your insurance will pay for it I would try it for sure. I am excited for this part of pregnancy to be over with! It is so not fun to be sick! Hang in there and try the Zofran!

Jess said...

Phenergean is AWESOME, I also think I have some left if you want to try it... The Zofran I have too, but It didn't work as well for me. I will have to call you and tell you some of the other things I tried... but number one... DON'T DRINK WATER, I know it sounds crazy but water made mine WAY WAY WAY worse. I HATE being pregnant but I love the result :)

Whitney Jensen said...

I've always gone straight to Phenergen (sp?) BUT it makes me VERY LOOPY - so, now that I have other kiddos to look after, I can't really use it, except at night - I'm going to try zofran next time - I hear it's side effects aren't as bad.

Whitney said...

Linds - congrats on the pregnancy. How exciting! Yes, we are still in our same Chicago address, but just make sure that you have apt. 2114 - we moved within the same bldg, but to a two bedroom apt this year. thanks!

Angela and Mike said...

I'm so sorry you are feeling sick :( I'm excited for your 12 foot tree though! It'll look amazing. Please take pictures.

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amberly said...

I didn't even know you were prengnant, congratulations. I am jelous of your tree, I always wanted a huge tree, someday. I know you will think I am crazy but if you drink anything with Ginger it really helps with Nausea. I would juice Ginger with Orange while I was pregnant and it really helped me.

JakenDebbie said...

Hooray for another baby Ercanbrack! That is wonderful news!! I am sorry about the sickies...it's rough. One thing that helped me a little was wearing those "sea bands." Have you heard of those? They are supposed to be for seasickness/nausea. They use the pressure points on your wrist. They didn't "cure" me, but they did help just a little. And I preferred that over taking any kind of "drugs." You can get them at Wal-Mart. Otherwise...hang in there! :) Can't wait to see pictures of your tree all done up -- you are amazing when it comes to decorations. :)

Taylor Family said...

WHAT!??? YOU ARE PREGNANT? I am going to have to go back because I apparently missed a post!!!!

Heather O'Brien said...

CONGRATS LINDS!!!! That is SO exciting. So sorry your sick. That is the worst. Especially since you can't have "sick days" with another one running around. Good luck. Hope you get feeling better soon.

Haley said...

A TWelve foot Tree?? Sooo pretty! I'm sure it will be gorgeous! YOu have such a talent for decorating! OH my goodness, little Peyton's Halloween costume is darling! He is soo big! Love your cute little familY! And i just heard about your expecting! So fun, im sorry to hear that you are sick....NO FUN!