
Sadly, our beloved prophet, President Hinckley, died today. My sister called us as we were driving home from my parents house to tell us. I love him so much and feel blessed to have gone through my teenage years while he was the prophet. He provided so much insight to the youth and always knew what to tell us to become better.
My greatest memory I will keep of him was the time we shared with him in the celestial room of the Bountiful temple. We were able to attend one of the dedicatory sessions of the temple and President Hinckley (then a counselor in the first presidency) presided and spoke at the session. I was only 11 or 12 at the time, but I remember feeling such a spirit with him in the room. He brought it with him wherever he was.
I know all of you loved him and will miss him too. We are so lucky that our leaders are chosen by the spirit and we know the church will move forward through the Lord's direction.
President Hinckley will be missed! We are grateful for the wonderful man that he was! Bless him and his sweet wife that they are now united again for eternity!
2 comments:
I am so sad. I am sitting here trying to work and the tears continue to fall freely as I look at all the blogs that have already had wonderful things written about him. He truly was a wonderful man and will be greatly missed.
Isn't it amazing how personally this effects all of us? I love him and will miss him. I am so grateful though that our church is set up in a way that things will continue to move forward, what a blessing and comfort that is to know at a time like this.
Post a Comment