Saturday, November 26, 2011

Alot to be Thankful for...

We've had a great Thanksgiving week. Christmas decorating, holiday shopping, yummy food and time spent with family are all my favorite things.

I must say I am in love with three boys in my house. They all mean so much to me for different reasons and I can't imagine life without them. I consider it a huge blessing to be able to stay home with these two to help raise them and do my best to teach them how to be good people. I hope this time I have with them will guide them for the rest of their lives.

My parents went to California this week so we had our annual dinner on Sunday...and it was delicious as always. I love spending time at my parents house. It's so comfortable there and I share a special bond with my siblings and love my parents so much. Chelsea ended up flying this weekend so I'm glad it worked out to celebrate earlier. She really is one of my best friends and I am forever grateful for the amazing aunt she is to my boys...not very many aunts take their nephews on monthly excursions to Chuck E Cheese, Build a Bear, the dollar store or anywhere else their little hearts desire. Not to mention she always has a treat in hand anytime she comes over. We love you to pieces aunt Chels!
And my crazy brother. You'd think I could get a normal picture :) He's so much fun though and I wouldn't want him any other way. He's got a cute girlfriend living in London and I know he's counting down the days until she's home for Christmas. We are excited to share this next year with him and what the future holds :) Thanks for loving my boys and being a great friend Jack!
Gotta love my Mom's homemade stuffing and candied yams! My parents have been so wonderful to me my whole life. They are both great examples for different reasons. This year they gave us a great gift and shared some of Grandma's inheritance with us. It came at a good time and I appreciate all they do to make sure we are taken care of and happy.
Thanksgiving Day was spent at Grandma Shoell's house. It was a smaller crowd this year but it was a nice meal and fun time spent with family we don't see very often. I really enjoy spending time with one of McKay's cousin's wife Caroline so it was fun to sit and chat with her.
Peyton and Wyatt getting ready to eat...
No joke this skinny little boy ate three full helpings of Thanksgiving dinner. He is our meat and potatoes boy and I think he loved every bite. Oh how I love this little man...
And last but certainly should be listed first is my gratitude to my husband. As I said in the previous post I have a rough time through pregnancy and McKay has learned to be patient and understanding while I help this little baby get here. 2011 has been a good year, but definitely filled with a few hard things. I appreciate McKay's perseverance to succeed and be the best at whatever he's involved in. I love you McKay and appreciate the influence you are in my life.
Today I have alot to be thankful for.

1 comment:

jakeandstephanietaylor said...

And your finally showing! So cute linds...Im grateful for you :)