Sunday, March 6, 2011

Things that go bump in the night

About a month ago I heard Peyt wimpering in his bedroom around midnight. I thought he was just tossing and turning and didn't pay much attention. Eventually it got a little bit louder so I went up to check...he was laying in an awkward position on the floor with something all over his face. I brought him to the light to find blood everywhere! Panic set in and I rushed downstairs to get McKay's help.

He had fallen out of bed and knocked his lip/chin on the corner of his end table. The gash was pretty deep and didn't want to stop bleeding so we headed into the ER for stitches. He was such a brave little boy! We made it home about 2 a.m. that morning for some much needed sleep.

So we've conquered our first ER trip which I fear will not be the last. I just hope late night accidents don't happen too often because they are not cheap!

2 comments:

brookelovesjay said...

Awww! I fell out of my bed and hit my nightstand too when I was little, I have a scar on my chin from it! Chase had his first ER visit in December. He was on Jason's back and Jason lowered him to the floor by his arms and his bone came out of his socket in one of his arms. Poor kid couldn't even move his arm without screaming bloody murder.

jakeandstephanietaylor said...

oh no!! Poor little guy! Weve been lucky too...but man with 2 boys Im sure we'll be there more often as these two grow up! Love your cute posts of your cute little boys :) I need to post about our play date!!