Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Party!!!

I love any excuse for a party and birthdays are the best time for them! McKay took a Saturday off which is somewhat rare. It was SO nice to have him with us! We took Peyton up to Jungle Jim's Playhouse in Midvale (I went there once as a kid also). A little ghetto and we saw all kinds of interesting people, but they have a handful of kiddie rides that Peyt thought were pretty cool!















The first time around on the bumper cars the worker kid put Peyton on a broken car! Poor boy was trying so hard to get it to work and it just wasn't. He eventually got a better car and had a great time crashing into kids and driving the car in circles.






























Even Dad got in on the action! They went on this together a few times.




















Sunday night we had the family over for a BBQ.















Peyton had the "cheese" fake smile the whole night. I guess its part of the memory making to get your toddler's faces of "I don't want you to take my picture, but hurry up and do it!" I found his plate of food about two hours later with everything still on it except the pickles and olives. He's usually a burger fan but must have been too busy playing to enjoy it.














Opening the presents was more fun for him than actually finding out what he got. He was done in about five minutes this year instead of 30 minutes the previous years!




















His first big boy bike! He's a little unsure about it. It tips a little because the training wheels aren't completely level to the ground. I'm sure he'll end up loving it eventually!















Peyt now shares his birthday celebration with Uncle Kurt, Angel's husband. He's a good sport to share his big day with a three year old!















We had a puppy party with a puppy cake. Thanks to my friend Marnee, I had a pattern to make this cake. Cake decorating is not my forte but I try to make it fun anyway!













































This has become a tradition to remember what years and where all the toys in our house came from! Again, he was given so many nice gifts! Thank you to everyone for your generosity! He will love it all!















To finish off the festivities my Mom took us up to Cheesecake Factory yesterday for lunch. Too bad Peyt didn't touch the Mac and Cheese we ordered him but he was fine to have some dessert! Thanks Mom!

What a fun weekend honoring our Peyton Buddy! Love You!

3 comments:

Jess said...

I can't believe he is THREE!!! Cute cake, cute party, and Holy cow, I totally remember jungle jims. I didn't even know that place was still around. I went there as a kid, a few times because I grew up in West Jordan. It wasn't that far away! So great that you took him there....

Lemon Family said...

You did a great job on the cake. Looks like it was a fun birthday.

melissa marie said...

Such a handsome young boy!! You are such a good mommy - and always throw one heck of a party. I may be recruiting you for some help with Lucy :) We sure love that boy! By the way I think you cake turned out fabulous!