Monday, March 29, 2010

THREE

Three years since I held this little man in my arms for the first time.
Three years since I buckled him into his car seat for the first time.
Three years since I tucked him into bed and sung him his first lullaby.
Three years to be lucky enough to have him call me MOM!




















Peyt kicking back in his new big boy car seat. He's a little concerned with Chayce taking over his seat, but I'm hoping the cool cup holder will convince him his is better.




















Picture taking is a new adventure with a toddler. Some days I can catch him in the right moment and get a candid, great smile. Most of the time its a posed, "hurry and take the picture Mom" smile. At his party last night that's about all we got!




















For the few challenges being a Mother brings, I could write lists and lists of blessings and gifts Peyton brings to my life. I watch teenage boys with their Moms and can't wait to watch our relationship grow and develop. Peyton has so much excitement for life and loves to learn. Many days are filled with playing cars, reading books, coloring, watching movies (more than we should!) and soon to be playing outside. One of many things I love about Peyton is when he says to me, "I'm so glad you're happy Mom" and proceeds to give me a hug when he perceives I'm not so happy.

I can honestly say I don't have any regrets through the first three years in raising him (aside from wanting to improve on my mothering skills!). Sometimes its hard to believe time goes by so quickly, but I look forward to him growing up and becoming a strong, independent person. I just hope I'm doing everything I can to lead him in the right direction.

Peyton...you are so loved and appreciated by your Mom and Dad. You add so much to our family and will be a great leader to your younger siblings. We look forward to watching you grow up and become a handsome young man!

1 comment:

McGiven Family.... said...

He is so cute! In every prayer the past few weeks my boys have said they are thankful they can play with Peyton! It is so funny! We need to get them together again soon. I hope he had a fabulous birthday!