Sunday, November 29, 2009

His First Time...

Disneyland is so much fun with your own kids! My Grandma Neiger treated us to a fun-filled day while we were visiting her this past week in California. Peyt woke up this morning and said..."Daddy, can we go to Disneyland tomorrow after it gets dark?" He's already planning for his next visit.





























If I'm remembering right Peyt and I shared our first time riding Dumbo together. Don't think I'd ever been on it before! We had Jack and Chels with us which made for a fun day for McKay and I and convenient photography help!





























This was right before Peyt fell asleep...thought he would have loved the Buzz ride but he wanted nothing to do with it. I think he was just ready for a snooze. Thankfully he woke up happy and had a great afternoon/evening.















It's a Small World is my Mom's favorite ride...so we had to take a sibling picture for her. As you can see the bright California sun was right in our faces. I'm missing that weather!















Peyt loved the ride too! There's so much to look at on that ride. They did a great job decorating for Christmas! If you ever get the chance to go to Disneyland at Christmastime do it!




















I cheated (twice) and took pictures of the pictures they take of you on rides. I thought McKay's reaction was classic...and the fact that he found a way to completely block me out of the picture :) I usually look dumb in these pictures anyway!















This was definitely the highlight of the day for Peyton. He was amazed that he actually was meeting McQueen and Mater. Later we saw them actually driving in the parade which was the ultimate excitement for Peyt. He kept telling everyone it was his favorite part of the day.




















My favorite part of the day was Screamin' California...the rollercoaster in California Adventure. McKay and I went twice and sat in the front row the first time...much more fun than sitting in the middle! This was the first time I'd been to this park and it has some fun things! The Soarin Ride was pretty fun too. Next time we go I hope we can do a two day stay so we have more time for everything. Yes this picture is dorky but I had to include it...




















The castle is so amazing at night during Christmas!















This was our view waiting for the firework show right before we left. Main Street was packed with people and we didn't want to be stuck in that trafffic. We stood at the end of the street and booked it after the show. It was a fun end to a great day!















Peyt didn't quite make it...




















Thanks again SO much to Grandma for the tickets and to my parents for taking Chayce all day so we didn't have to worry about a baby. It was such a fun day for me as a Mom to take Peyton and see his love for Disneyland too!

8 comments:

brookelovesjay said...

I am so jealous!! I'm glad you got to go and have a ton of fun! I don't think Chase is quite ready for Disney yet. We are thinking a fall trip with Jason's sister to Disney World (i'm very optimistic we'll have money then!). I'm glad you posted these pics, Jason thinks Disneyland and world are dumb (even though he's never been.) Now he can see how cool they are!

Melissa said...

Oh...I love Disneyland. We just went in October and it was so fun. Even though Cecilia wasn't quite old enough to understand it, it was still fun to see her reactions. It really is the happiest place on earth.

Lisa Mc said...

Love the pics. That one on Buzz is a classic! You have to love the meltdowns. So glad you had a great time and that you're back!

kurt and angel blain :) said...

LONDZ!!! Your pics are sooo cute!! looks like you guys had so much fun!!! i can't wait to hear from peyt how he met mater and stuff... ahh that is so fun!!! and the castle at night was sooo pretty with all the lights... seriously jealous!! and i miss youuu! can't wait to see you sooooon :)

Jess said...

OH Linds, I am super jealous, but SO happy you guys had a great time. I am glad Peyt loved it too. GREAT Pictures... I ALMOST felt like I was there!

The Hansen Family said...

I wish we could go to Disneyland....right NOW! Lucky. Ethan would have been hangin' with Peyt by the cars if he were there! So fun for your family! And I love that you took pictures....of pictures! Haha! LOVE it!

Heather O'Brien said...

That looks so fun! I'm glad you guys had a good time. I can't get over how flippin cute your boys are. And I love the tuxedo pics. SO cute.

melissa marie said...

Cute pics! Looks like you guys had a great time. I'm sure peyt was in heaven; we love that boy! Hey in the next week or so we should do a SYTYCD night with Wend and Ange. Let me know what you think.