I had the opportunity to go to a fireside done by Sister Beck, General Relief Society President for the Church. It was a great evening (thanks Dad for taking Peyt!). There were a few things she said I wanted to remember...
*At the beginning, they were thanking Sister Beck for taking time out of her life to come and be with us. The first thing she said was..."Well, I don't have any personal time anyway! All of my time is the Lord's and he does what he wants with it!" I loved that!
*"This life is not going to be the dream...it's just the experience. We must go through this experience to then have the dream."
*"Life's motto: Enjoy it!"
*Crisis + Time = Laughter
She is a great lady and I appreciated the time I got to listen to her.
Also...wanted to express my sadness about Larry Miller passing away. We are big Jazz fans at our house and he did so much to bring and keep them here along with many other successful Utah ventures that have helped our economy. I just hope everything he's built will stay strong now that he's gone!
And...I'm so excited to go out on a date with my husband tonight! I was gone over Valentines so this is the replacement evening!
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment