Thursday, February 19, 2009

California Trip and Dreaming of Summer

We had a wonderful trip to California last weekend. The only bummer was that it was cut a day short due to bad weather threats the day we were suppose to drive home. It's a good thing we left Sunday instead of Monday too because one of the high passes in California was shut down due to snow! We picked a great weekend for the weather! Luckily it warmed up just enough on Saturday for us to take Peyton to the park. Poor kid has been couped up all winter because I really don't like the snow. He is SO excited for Spring as am I! Again, our camera is so dumb and I barely got any pictures...it worked for a few minutes at the park. We're going to have to buy a new one before the baby comes I think...if you have any good suggestions on a good one, let me know!





















I love that my Grandma loves Peyton so much. She is so sweet with him and adores him. She bought him some fun toys to play with while we were there. She bought a little car toy that plays songs and Peyton thought it was the best thing to push the music button and dance around slapping his legs to "Dinah Won't You Blow" and "ABC". I'm sad I don't have a video of it. My goal this week is to get our camcorder out to do something documenting of all the fun things he's doing right now!






















Having fun on the swing with Grandpa. Thanks Dad for taking care of so much during our trip!




















Peyton loves the slide!

We had a wonderful time visiting Grandma. She is the perfect host and made delicious meals and made sure were were taken care of the whole time. Of course while we were there we snuck in some In N Out and Taco Nazo (great fish tacos). Vacations are so fun! (I just don't recommend going to a pregnancy appt. the day after you get back where you have to get on the scale!) Thanks again Grandma and Steve for a wonderful time. Hope our next trip isn't too far away!


I'm also SO excited for Spring/Summer to arrive. I'm dreaming of warm days where I can let Peyton out in our fenced backyard and play on this...













I think this is a purchase we're going to have to make for this summer. This one is pretty inexpensive and I think Peyton will love it. These playgrounds can get SO expensive! So between this and the trampoline Grammy and Papa gave Peyton he should be set! BBQ in our backyard anyone? CAN'T WAIT!

P.S. - There's a fun post below...good luck to the first three commenters!





No comments: