Sunday, July 13, 2008

Life's Lists

I am a list maker. I love organization and structure in my life. Just the way it is. Last Sunday night I wrote a list down of the places I'd visited outside of Utah and places I'd like to go in the next 5-10 years. It sparked an idea to do a series of postings on "life's lists"...including memories, things I want to accomplish, places I want to go etc. So for the next 7-10 days if you aren't interested in reading this from me, don't visit. It's for me and no one else, however I would assume most people that visit this blog have been involved in one if not more of these lists. By the way...I'm halfway done on my blog book project. The program is really easy to use and I'm excited to print it out. What a great journal since I don't write in a real one anymore...

Family Memories I Will Never Forget...

1. Church History Site trip...what an amazing job my parents did of organizing...flew into Rochester New York and took the whole early saints path...ended at a family reunion in North Dakota and flew out of Minnesota. Bet not very many of you can say you've been to North Dakota :)

2. Birthday parties...my Mom was the queen of throwing good birthday parties. We could always invite the number of kids that equaled the age we were turning. Favorite: probably my eighth when we ate in the trolley at Old Spaghetti Factory and went to Wheeler Farm.

3. Trips to California and Washington...Unlike Peyton, I didn't grow up near either set of grandparents. It made for fun family vacations to Washington State and California...the Columbia River and Disneyland were great summer vacation spots. My Mom would wrap little presents that we got to open throughout the drive. I don't know how my parents raised us when we were little without their parents nearby. I am SO spoiled.

4. Christmas...who doesn't have fond memories of Christmas morning with family. It was always just our little family every year for the most part and it was wonderful. Presents I'll never forget...Super Nintendo, my white desk and lifesize Barbie playhouse.

5. Reading...my Mom is a kindergarten teacher and loves books...never were in shortage of them and now it's so fun to read the same ones to Peyton.

6. Mom's cooking...I really can say my Mom is a FABULOUS cook. Makes the best dinners and desserts. She's so meticulous about her cooking and everything looks as delicious as it tastes.

7. Going to the park...we took Peyt on Friday night and it brought back memories of the excitement of going with my parents...probably especially Dad since he worked and would make special efforts on Saturdays to take us.

8. BYU sports...I can remember around 3-4 being taken to a BYU basketball game and I was hooked. I don't ever remember complaining once at a BYU football game. Have always loved every minute of it.

9. Family circle...this one should be at the top because it's the most important. My parents made it a tradition to spotlight someone in the family at least once a week, usually along with family prayer. Grew to love and appreciate each family member so much more through that.

10. Being the oldest...man I took charge at our house. I organized so many plays (yes, we did a production of the Nutcracker with my brother, sister and I once), activities, songs, etc. I have the best siblings who put up with it countless times...maybe we'll have to relive some of those memories sometime :)

If any of you do read these lists, I hope it sparks memories of your own. WRITE THEM DOWN.

4 comments:

leslie said...

hey, so glad you found our blog. we're new to the blogging world, and it's nice to keep in touch. i am horrible! i totally forgot to send you a thank you note for the cute outfits you gave allie. please don't hate me. morgan loved them. the coat was so cute. thanks again! we would love to see you guys when you come down, but we're going to be out of town that week. maybe we can hook up with you another time.

Amberly said...

You are so sweet. I bet your mom will love reading that list. We are so blessed to have been raised with the gospel and to have such wonderful loving families. I'll see ya soon. I am so excited to go to St. George.

Scott and Beth said...

What a great idea...I can't keep a journal either so, it would be good for me to do too~!!!! Very fun to read!!!!

Chris and Logan said...

What a great idea Lindsey! That is so fun to be able to look back at all those wonderful memories. You are such an awesome person!