
Had SO much fun at the American Idol concert last night. I braced myself for only liking about 50 percent of it as I thought there would be a bunch of cheesy group numbers which I despise. Much to my surprise, there were only two and they were decent! They let each of the top 10 sing three songs, all of which were most of my favorites that they sang on the show. My VERY favorites were sang...Michael's Queen medley, Brooke's Let it Be, Jason's Somewhere Over the Rainbow, David A's Too Late to Apologize and Angels (sad he didn't do Imagine!) and David Cook's Billy Jean and Don't Want to Miss a Thing. It was SO fun to have David A. come out too. The crowd went NUTS! They let him sing an extra song and he did When You Say You Love Me. At the end when he sang..."do you know, how I love you" he started crying and so did I! Duh, I know it's just a show, but what an awesome kid. So humble and grateful...LOVE HIM! Thanks for going Chels. Had a great time. P.S. I don't like the E Center. Bad, expensive parking and it's SO hot in there!
Also, went to court today with Canyon Homes and we owe them a little money now for a contract dispute. All I have to say is NEVER build a home with them. We were totally misled. I just thought I'd warn the public about them. If you REALLY want to ask more about this if I've never told you, ask me sometime in person...don't really want to taint my blog/journal with bad thoughts :)
And...I was just called as the Primary Chorister in my ward! I'm really excited about it and could use pointers and any good ideas anyone has if they've ever had this calling. I get to be with all the cute kids and help them learn so many awesome songs...primary songs are my favorite!
Anyway, that's what's been up with us...tomorrow, life's list about high school memories :)
5 comments:
You will be the best primary chorister ever! I bet you mom has lots of fun ideas.
Sorry about Canyon Homes- I'll be sure to pass that along to anyone who might ask!
I am beyond jealous! I wanted to go to that concert so bad. You are so lucky...Tim and AI?!? Seriously!
I am SO excited for St. George. It is going to be a blast! I am disappointed because I had it in my head it was next week but it isn't for 2 weeks so now I am depressed :(
That is so great about your new calling! I can imagine the kids will LOVE you!! How fun! I know that Sugar Doodle has lots of great ideas for choristers...I love that site. Good luck!
We will have to talk home builders at Bunco...we have had a crappy experience with ours too!
You have had quite the summer with all your concerts...I wanted to go to AI so bad, but always thought I would have a baby by then! Nope! Good luck with your new calling!
You just received one of the best callings ever!!! I have yet to get that one but I am the 1st counselor in the primary presidency going on 2.5 years and I can help you with ANYTHING you need!!! Little kids are my specialty!!! Call if you need help!!! You are SO lucky!!!
Post a Comment