Our first stop was in St. George for McKay to golf Sand Hollow Resort. He loved it (although it was VERY windy!) I read about 200 pages of my book (The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society...good book!) while he golfed. It was a great trade-off! I'm perfectly content to ride in the cart and not play...although I don't mind hitting nine every once in awhile! We ate at Cafe Rio (our favorite) in St. George with all the marathon runners...can't wait for it next year (as long as I get in!)
Then it was on to Vegas. We stayed at South Pointe Hotel. Can't beat $50 a night and free parking. Would recommend it to people. Not the fanciest place in Vegas, but it's clean and serves its purpose as a good place to sleep!
I didn't want to spend too much money on food, but we did eat at a few good places. Bellagio Buffet for lunch (YUM!), Maggianos (good Italian in Fashion Show mall) and this wonderful spot...
That's right folks. Serendipity 3 is now serving in VEGAS. Can't beat their frozen hot chocolate...although Melis informed me I missed the peanut butter version. Next time! I love good food (and desserts) and we had some yummy things while we were there!
McKay HATES to take pictures of ourselves like this, but I think this one turned out pretty cute. The Venetian's lobby looked awesome. So was the Bellagio gardens as always. The Vegas hotels sure are amazing!
One of the highlights of our trip was Phantom! It was AMAZING! I loved it. McKay is not a musical/broadway fan so I appreciate his sacrifice to go see it.
We had a great day of shopping one day also (too bad I didn't get a picture!) I loved the Vegas outlets right off of Charleston. Bought myself a few cute things and of course the boys some things (love H&M's kids clothes!) I almost bit the bullet and bought a pair of True Religion jeans. I LOVE them, but I couldn't end up spending more than half of my spending money for them. Maybe next time (when the baby pounds are ALL gone!)
And last but not least...my FAVORITE thing in Vegas...the Bellagio water show. McKay let us sit and watch it three times the night we left. I could watch it for two hours straight and love every time. My parents have stayed there in a room overlooking the show and I want to do this sometime for sure. The best part about it is its FREE!
Thanks for a great time Babe. Let's make these trips a more often occurance!
2 comments:
how fun!! I wonder if we were there the same weekend. I am so jealous you saw Phantom, what a blast!!!!
We ate at Cafe Rio for dinner the day of the marathon-probably later than you but it would have bee fun to see you.
Looks like such a fun weekend in Vegas.
Wish you were going to Bunco this weekend. We'll miss you. :(
Post a Comment