We spent a great week in Richland, Washington with my Grandparents and aunts, uncles and cousins for the Johnson family reunion. I grew up going to visit there and it's fun to take my kids back and share the same memories with them.
Messy eater!

Chayce LOVES the swings and will take a ride whenever he can get it! They have the coolest parks right near their home.


The Columbia River is right down the street so we took a few trips to throw rocks in and get a little wet :)



Grandma and Chayce

A few years ago my family took us to Casa Mia for the first time and I fell in love. They have delicious italian food. Grandma treated everyone to lunch and it didn't disappoint!

One of the main reasons the reunion was this weekend was for the hydroplane races/art festival they do every year. Peyton had the chance to sit in the cockpit for just a minute and see the boats up close...

The boys with Kristen and Brandon. My cousins were such a big help throughout the week and I really appreciate all they did to entertain the boys!

Peyt is my little fish and Chayce would rather observe from the sidelines. He got to go swimming every day at my Grandparents pool and he was in heaven!



The grandkids with Grandpa and Grandma at their home. They were great hosts!

My aunt Melinda always has fun things for the kids when we visit. She bought my Grandparents house they lived in for many years (where I would visit as a little girl) and we stayed there during the week. Thanks for letting us crash your house Melinda!

They do an airshow coinciding with the hydroplane races. I love watching the jets and this was the best shot I could get of it...so awesome! It always makes me feel so patriotic and proud to be an American when I see these fly...

We didn't pay to watch the actual races, but here was one of the boats flying over the water. They cruise!

Here are the boys at the park after the art show. Grandpa and Grandma gave us all money to spend and they picked out sand art snakes.

When Mommy wasn't looking Aunt Melinda let Chayce plop himself in the muddy water and he enjoyed every second of it!


There's never a trip to my grandparents without music involved. Both of them are very musical and have lots of instruments around the house. You can imagine the fun my kids had with them!




Here is their family...four girls! Grandpa, Grandma, Aunt Melinda, my Mom, Aunt Laurie and Aunt Julie.


The weather was so great while we were there. We enjoyed a few evenings on their back patio just relaxing and talking.

Peyton found a new best friend in my cousin Sarah. He wanted her to come home with us so bad! She's getting ready to start college at the University of Washington. I'm excited for her!
Aunt Melinda with her buddies

Grandma and I

A big thank you to all my wonderful family in Washington who made this a great trip. It's always good to see you! Glad we were able to come!
1 comment:
sooo cute linds!! looks like you guys had a blast!! so fun to have a little vaca and get away for a little bit :) love your cute boys!!!
Post a Comment